Sunday, July 1, 2007

June's goals

My goal for June was to complete 3 projects. I didn't quite make it. I started my third project today, and my first 2 aren't quite finished. The first one is ready to be fulled/felted. The second one is almost ready. I have to tweak some things before it goes in the washer.
The third one is on the needles. I'm using Nicky Epstein's Knitting Beyond the Edge as inspiration. I have read her new book Knitting Never Felt Better, but it had to go back to the library. I will get my own copy. Nicky is one of the authors I get the most inspiration from. I especially liked her shibori ideas...felting around small objects to give the felted project another dimension. One of my goals for the summer is to use the shibori technique in a project.
The Midwest Felting Symposium is coming up in a few weeks. I will be taking a 2 day class: Felt Vessels: Exploring Images and Forms taught by Sharon Costello.

No comments: