Friday, June 29, 2007

What do I knit?

What do I knit?
Mostly I knit bowls. I design them and knit them with wool yarn. Then I felt the knitted bowls in the washing machine. Some would say that I "full" the bowls, since felting is the process of making fabric from unspun fibers. I respect that, since I have done that sort of felting, too. But, if I use the term "fulling" or "fulled", most people won't know what I'm talking about. Most of the time I say that I "felt" the bowls. I don't really want to get into a debate about vocabulary. I like all forms of felt-making I have tried. The bowl above is made from Loft yarn. I loved the colors of the yarn, so this is definitely a color-inspired piece. This bowl is currently on display at Bluff Country Artists Gallery in Spring Grove, Minnesota.

No comments: